Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Landing

After all the moaning about time going slow,well these last few days just have flown by.

I finished working for ''The Man'' at 1pm last Friday and had to rush home and wait for the removal van to be delivered at 2pm. It turned up at 3pm and was way smaller than the one that I had ordered, bloody typical. Thank you to a certain hire company that rents ''cars in Europe'', no link for you!
 So panic stricken, I loaded the TM in, then headed off to our lasses to load her gear up. I will not repeat what she said when I pulled up in the undersized van, needless to say the air was a not so delicate shade of blue!
 Now a real life game of Tetris was to follow to try and utilise all off the space in the van. After 3 hours, 2 pints of sweat, and a few sacrificial items (the mattress being one of them) it was loaded. A few hours kip and then on the road for 3am. A smooth journey, all 11 hours of it, though the dogs were not overjoyed with being cramped in the tiny cab for that amount of time, but after copious amounts of drool, scratches , bites, and pee stops, we made it. Quick cup of tea and then to unloading.
 Here is a little tip for all you house movers; always pack the tea mashings last!!
As is typical of Scotland, it stared to rain an hour into the unload, luckily it was only sporadic and we laboured on in between showers.
I have no idea what time I hit the sack, well I say sack, actually the floor (no mattress), but next thing I knew I was waking to a beautiful dawn and birdsong.
 The only birdsong we got in Shitsville was the sweet song of the Herring Gull, definitely not sweet or a song.



No comments:

Post a Comment